This recipe uses crescent roll dough to create a crusty pocket for an on-the-go apple pie. The original recipe used frozen pizza dough for the crust but I did not have any available and did have two packages of crescent roll dough in the refrigerator. Crust, apples, sugar and cinnamon — definitely the makings of something good.
Apple Pocket Pies
2 packages of refrigerated crescent dough
2 cups of chopped apples (approximately two large apples)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Mix the chopped apples, sugar, cinnamon and sugar together.
2. Unroll the crescent dough on a lightly floured surface. If using crescent roll dough, pull the dough apart in four sections. Roll each section with a rolling pin to make four squares. If using the crescent dough, roll out and cut in four squares.
3. Spoon several tablespoons of apple mixture on top of each square. Fold corners to middle and use fingers to seal seams.
4. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Repeat with the other package of crescent dough and apple mixture. Sprinkle the tops with sugar, if desired, or brush with egg white.
6. Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
2 Comments Add yours
OH my– look delicious and easy enough to really make them often. thanks Mary!
Thanks, nice to start reading your blog posts again. Looks like a great break with the family.