Do you still have leftover Thanksgiving turkey in the freezer? Warm a cold winter’s night with this creamy turkey soup.
Creamy Turkey Soup
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped green onion
2 cups sliced carrots
1/4 cup flour
5 cups turkey broth, divided (or chicken bouillon)
2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
3 cups chopped cooked turkey
8 ounces uncooked noodles
1. Saute onions and carrots in butter until soft, not brown.
2. Add flour and mix well.
3. Gradually add 2 cups broth and milk.
4. Cook and stir until it thickens.
5. Stir in remaining 3 cups broth, and all remaining ingredients.
6. Simmer 10-12 minutes until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.