This is a recipe given to me by a co-worker. A great chocolate cookie with a mint candy surprise in the middle… You can either use the whole peppermint patty in the cookie or use just half of the patty.
Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
30 peppermint patties
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Set aside.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next add in vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until flour disappears. Lightly flour your hands, then take a golf ball sized ball of dough, roll into a ball and flatten into a disc. Place a peppermint patty in the center and wrap the excess dough up and around the patty. Make sure the entire patty is covered. Repeat with remaining dough and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely. Dust the cookies with powdered sugar.
2 Comments Add yours
They look great! I too have written a piece on Christmas. Let me know your opinions in the comments!
Thanks, I will take a look