Nothing says fall like the smell of an apple cake baking in the oven. I have posted several variations of apple cake but here is one more recipe that uses fresh apples coarsely chopped along with some nuts and a touch of cinnamon.
Knobby Apple Cake
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups chopped apples (peeled)
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Cream butter and sugar and egg, mix well.
2. Sift dry ingredients together. Add to creamed mixture.
3. Stir in chopped apples, nuts and vanilla.
4. Pour in greased 8 x 8 inch pan and bake in 350 degree oven about 45 minutes.
5. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.