This coffeecake includes slices of apples and a cinnamon-nut mixture in the middle of the cake and extra cinnamon/sugar/nuts sprinkled on top.
Apple Cream Coffeecake
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1 medium apple
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix the chopped walnuts, cinnamon and sugar.
3. In a large bowl, mix butter until creamy, gradually adding one cup sugar.
4. Add eggs one by one; add the vanilla, beating until blended.
5. Sift flour with baking powder, salt and soda. Beat into batter alternately with the sour cream.
6. Spread half the batter in pan, top it with pared, cored thinly sliced apple. Top apple with half of nut mixture.
7. Add the rest of batter and sprinkle remaining nut mixture over top of cake.
8. Bake 45 minutes in a greased 9 inch angel food pan.
9. Cool and remove from pan.
2 Comments Add yours
Mary–this sounds so yummy! I will give it try. thanks!