With a marinade or rub, a boneless pork loin is easy to bake or grill. This recipe uses a marinade that includes red pepper flakes to give the outer part of the roast a little zip and a glaze made with apricot preserves.
Zesty Pork Loin
Boneless pork loin roast (2 – 2 1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup light soy sauce
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 cup apricot preserves
1. Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together.
2. Place pork roasts in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag, and add marinade, turning to coat. Seal and chill 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
3. Remove pork from marinade. Sprinkle pork evenly with pepper. Place on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155 degrees.
5. Remove pan from oven and cover with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan, reserving drippings in pan.
6. Combine 1/4 cup pan drippings with 1/3 cup apricot preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at High 1 minute or until melted, stirring once. Serve with sliced pork.