This is a great recipe for oatmeal cookies that includes raisins and nuts. The cookies are thick and chewy but don’t cook them too long in order to preserve the soft texture.
1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats (uncooked)
1 cup raisins
1 cup nuts (chopped)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
3. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
4. Add oats, raisins and nuts and mix well.
5. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.