My German mother-in-law made these crepe-style pancakes that were served with applesauce and a variety of fresh berries. After spreading the pancake with applesauce and cut-up berries/fruit, roll up the pancake and sprinkle with granulated sugar or cinnamon-sugar.The recipe yields approximately 10 pancakes using a 9 inch skillet.
1 1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
3 teaspoons granulated sugar
1. Using a whisk, mix together all ingredients (except cinnamon-sugar) until smooth.
2. Melt a small amount of shortening (or you can use oil) in a skillet at medium-high.
3. Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the pancake mixture into the hot pan and rotate to spread the mixture over the bottom of the pan.
4. Brown on one side at medium-high heat. Turn and brown on the other side.
5. Serve with applesauce and a variety of fresh berries or other fruit.